Friday, March 18, 2011

Bus Ride Blues

On my bus ride home today, I sat next to a girl that cried the whole bus ride to her stop. I wanted so badly to ask her if she was alright, tell her its going to be ok, or just give her a hug, shoulder to lean on, hand to hold. However, she had her iPod on high, stared out her window seat, and paid no type of attention to me. (days like these, I hate modern technology.. its like the plague to social interaction... but that's a whole separate issue). The ironic part about all of this is moments before I got on the bus, I received some fairly unsettling news. I too had a bad case of the sads and wouldn't have mind baring my soul to a perfect stranger (I think). Instead, I too put my music on high, closed my eyes, and pretended I didn't notice. 

Dear anonymous girl on bus,
I truly hope everything is ok. As for me, I'll be alright. Just not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment